Our staff are the backbone of the business and we appreciate their continual efforts to provide our clients with the highest level of customer service, legal advice and support.
This month Furley Page has enhanced its Long Service Awards scheme, in order to recognise the contributions made by the firm’s long-serving staff. The awards are a chance to recognise some of the individuals who have contributed to the firm over many years, across all departments.
In previous years Furley Page has recognised staff who have achieved 20 years’ service, but this year we took the decision to expand the awards to celebrate the contribution of staff at their 10, 15 and 25 year anniversaries.
This November, 38 members of staff – with an incredible 640 years’ combined experience with the firm! – were commended for their service and dedication with long service awards.
Two people celebrated more than 25 years of service with Furley Page. Five members of staff received service awards for 15 years and 20 years respectively, while a further 27 employees marked 10 years of service with the firm.
Many of the staff presented with long service awards joined the firm in secretarial, support or administrative roles, before choosing to take the next steps in their career with the firm. Over the years, we’ve also helped to introduce numerous people to the legal sector through our popular apprenticeship scheme.
We asked some of our staff who received long service awards to explain in their own words why they have chosen to commit their careers to Furley Page. Here’s what they had to say:
- Ross joined Furley Page in 2001 after completing his GCSEs. He said: “In the 17 years that I’ve worked for Furley Page they’ve always been exceptionally supportive of my career, as evidenced by my progression from office junior to Chartered Legal Executive!”
- Meanwhile Sarah, who has more than 20 years’ experience with the firm, explained: “I like working at Furley Page because I like my clients and I feel I can make a difference. Furley Page has supported me in developing my career, as I started as a legal secretary, became a paralegal and ultimately achieved the goal of qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive.”
- Lisa, who joined the firm in 2005, said: “Having worked in London for a number of years I decided to move back to my home town and got a job at Furley Page - thirteen years later I am still working at Furley Page which is testament to the friendly staff and excellent location.”
- Lorraine, who has more than 20 years’ experience with Furley Page, said: “I enjoy my job because I like being busy and the constant challenge. No two days or two team’s requirements are the same and due to the range of areas I deal with on a daily basis, my mind is kept active. The firm have supported both my personal and professional development and continue to do.I also feel that I couldn’t fulfil my role without the flexibility and support available throughout the firm and really value this.”
- Kelly, who joined the firm in 2007, said “I joined Furley Page shortly after leaving school. I am now a parent to a small child and the firm has always accommodated and supported my changing work requirements to fit around my family life and bringing up a little one.”
Naomi and Annette both celebrated a decade with Furley Page this year.
- Naomi remarked: “I enjoy working for Furley Page because the firm cares about its clients, employees and the local community. The work is high quality and intellectually stimulating and the firm provides much support and opportunities for personal and professional development. The staff are also fantastic and have made coming to work for the last 10 years a real pleasure!”
- Meanwhile, Annette commented: “I like the relaxed yet professional atmosphere, where I am allowed to work at my own pace. The people are friendly and helpful which is one of the main things that make Furley Page a great place to work”.
- Garry, who joined the firm in 2005, said: “I enjoy working for Furley Page because the work is very rewarding and interesting, and the firm allows me to complete my work using my own initiative.”
- Angie, who has 12 years' experience with Furley Page, said: “I like working here because I love the people and I get to meet all the new staff in my position. I also enjoy the social side.”
Our ability to attract and retain staff is due to the interesting and varied work, great team culture and range of work place benefits which, in addition to our enhanced service awards, include: a competitive salary, health cash plan provided by Westfield Health, generous annual leave allowance, and professional training, mentoring and support.
If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding and stimulating career with Furley Page, please see our Careers page www.furleypage.co.uk/careers/ for details about our current vacancies.