Furley Page Online Assisted Divorce Service is a managed service and will suit clients who want the freedom of an online service, with the assurance of our legal knowledge. We provide guidance and email support throughout the online process, so you do not have to manage on your own.
1. Confirm that we can offer you this service which will depend on your circumstances. We may not be able to take on your case using our online service for one of the following reasons:
If we are not able to take your case on for one of the reasons given, we will offer you the opportunity to take advice from us at a fixed fee.
2. Once you have paid us £300 which is inclusive of vat, we will send you a complete Petition in triplicate and guidance as to how to issue your Petition.
3. After your spouse has acknowledged receipt of the petition via the court we will send you the application for the Decree Nisi and a Statement in Support. If your husband or wife does not return the acknowledgement or fails to complete it properly, we will let you know what you can do to try to obtain a divorce without their co-operation and what the likely costs would be.
4. Once you have told us the date of the Decree Nisi, we will send you the application for the Decree Absolute and tell you the earliest date when this can be sent to the Court.
5. Provide you with support by email throughout the online divorce process.
We will not be able to advise you on the following as part of the online service:
If you feel that you need to speak to a solicitor about any of these matters before you issue divorce proceedings or at any other stage, please telephone 0333 444 4550 to make an appointment to see or speak to one of our team for a fixed fee of £100 inclusive of vat. To find out more see our Fixed Fee Interview service.
You will need to gather together all of the information required before completing our Online Assisted Divorce service.
When you choose to use our Online Assisted Divorce Service you will be given the opportunity to exercise your Cancellation Rights. You will have the right to change your mind during a cooling off period. We will wait 14 days before undertaking any work for you unless you wish us to proceed straight away.