French property related services

There may come a time when you own a property in France that an issue arises and you do not know how to resolve it.

Perhaps you are party to a leaseback agreement and the tenant company is going into liquidation and you need to know your rights to recovery of unpaid rent and the future of the lease. You might have a neighbour who is encroaching on your land or who has complained about overhanging tree branches from your land.

If you do not know how French property law applies you may need help from our specialist team to resolve your problem. It is important that you seek clear, expert legal advice early on.

French property related matters

We are often asked by clients to help them resolve a property related matter. For example:

  • We have helped deal with a negative termite report, giving notice to the local prefecture and helping to organise treatment of the wood by a specialist;
  • We have helped submit outline planning permission applications for construction on land;
  • We have assisted with a property insurance claim following damage to a neighbours’ property;
  • We have acted for a number of clients whose leaseback company has gone into liquidation;
  • We have helped clients with tenants' eviction procedure and advised clients on what actions can be taken against tenants who fail to pay rent;
  • We have helped clients with the management of their properties;
  • We assisted and advised clients on repossession procedures.

Where a French lawyer (avocat) is required to resolve issues we can liaise with him on your behalf.

Why choose Furley Page for French property matters

We can help explain how French law applies and as necessary liaise with advisers in France to help resolve your issue.

How can we help you

Call us on

0333 331 9877

Email your enquiryEmail your enquiry

Key Contacts

Sarah Bogard

Senior Solicitor & Chartered Tax Adviser

Florence Richards

French Property/Tax Adviser