Work-related Covid-19 claims
It could be hard to prove that Coronavirus (Covid-19) was contracted in the workplace rather than from elsewhere. But there will be cases where it can be proved, especially if there is an outbreak of Covid-19 in your workplace.
Below is a list of information we would need to consider for your work-related Coronavirus (Covid-19) claim for compensation and whether we could offer to act for you on a ‘No win No fee’ basis.
Claiming compensation for Coronavirus (Covid-19) contracted at work
We will discuss with you the information we need in relation to your Covid-19 work-related claim for compensation and if ‘No win No fee’ is available to you.
Your medical records
We obtain these because they can be an invaluable starting point to confirm your Covid-19 infection and may provide clues as to where you contracted it.
Your complete work history
- Details of your employment, name and address of employer and a job description. This helps us establish how you may have contracted Covid-19 in the workplace.
- Full details on the history and development of your Covid-19 symptoms.
- When were your first symptoms, what were they and when did you first seek treatment?
- What is your understanding of the medical advice you were given on each occasion?
- At which point did you suspect or were you advised that there was a link between your Covid-19 and your work?
- Did any of your colleagues contract Covid-19 too? This could prove crucial in proving that you probably contracted it at work, rather than elsewhere.
What steps did your employer take to protect you from Covid-19?
- For example, did your employer carry out a risk assessment?
- Did your employer provide hand washing and sanitising, or regular Covid-19 tests?
- What about social distancing, sanitising equipment, sharing of work equipment or work space, the wearing of masks or other PPE?
- Were Covid-19 protection measures always followed? If not, why not? Perhaps it was impractical, in which case why and did the management know about it?
- Did you suggest solutions to any lack of protective measures? If yes, how did the employer react – did they act on your suggestions?
- Where else may you have contracted Covid-19 – have you come into contact with anyone suffering Covid-19 or symptoms outside the workplace?
Choose accredited expert solicitors for compensation claims
It is important that you choose an experienced, accredited, expert solicitor to work on your behalf when making a claim for compensation.
Furley Page has decades of experience in workplace injury and disease claims and we are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. Our team is recognised for our expertise in injury claims by The Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Contact Neille Ryan to find out how he can help you with your work related Covid-19 claim telephone 01227 763939.