Health and Care
We have experience and knowledge of the full range of law relevant to doctors, dentists, vets, care homes, independent hospitals and hospices and the provision of nursing and domiciliary care.
We can advise you on aspects of your business needs from start up, to issues faced in day to day operation of your healthcare business including strategic expansion plans, to assisting with the selling, transfer or closure of a business.
Services for health and care businesses
We can help you with:
- Specialist advice for dentists.
- Buying, selling, leasing whether land or buildings and whether new build or existing and planning issues.
- Running, buying or selling a business whether company, partnership, joint venture or merger and reviewing contracts.
- Insolvency advice and debt recovery of sums due.
- Employment law advice on managing staff and compliance with the challenges imposed by regulatory bodies such as the Independent Safeguarding Authority
- Advice on regulation and registration with various bodies e.g. Care Quality Commission
- Advice on regulatory powers under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and related legislation and health and safety legislation
- Advice on the implications The Mental Capacity Act 2005 and capacity generally
- Advice on Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Assisting you in advising your residents or patients about NHS Continuing Care, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Advance decisions, Court of Protection.
Why choose Furley Page for advice on the health and care sector
We can help with your healthcare business in all legal aspects. Our legal advisers specialise in various areas of law and we can focus our cross-sector legal skills to advise on healthcare sector and assist you with any legal issue you encounter.
- We work across legal sectors and understand the healthcare sector
- We are specialists in our areas of law and together we provide a range and depth of services tailored to meet health and care sector businesses
- We have a specialist in legal matters affecting dentists.
- The cross-sector teams involved are recognised by The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for their legal expertise.