Sporting rights over rural property

The concept of huntin’, shootin’ and fishin’ produces charming mental and physical sketches of country pursuits, but the reality is that all three are often part of a commercial enterprise and all three are subject to strict legal control enforced by the police, environment agency and other official bodies.

If you are involved in the organisation of any of them you have got to do it correctly and this may need legal advice and support.

Safe commercial and legal background

Furley Page can help to provide a safe commercial and legal background to the provision of these pursuits.

Consideration should be given to some or all of the following:

  • The land (or waters): Who owns it and what if any sporting lease or similar is needed?
  • Employees: (keepers, beaters, bailiffs, hunt staff): are they employed or self employed?
  • Employment Contracts
  • National Insurance
  • Is what is being run a separate business?
  • Business structure
  • VAT registration
  • Licences
  • Health & Safety
  • Insurance

As with so many business related matters close liaison between the client’s lawyer and accountant is often crucial in producing the best overall scheme.

Why choose Furley Page for advice on sporting rights

In dealing with a wide variety of rural landowners and their other advisers Furley Page has both the experience and the breadth of practice to be able to provide a comprehensive legal advisory service in relation to rural sporting rights including where they are provided as part of a wider rural business.

How can we help you?

How can we help you?