If you are thinking about buying or selling a property in France you might be concerned about, how the process works, how you will overcome any language barriers and who will support you to act in your best interests.
Our French property and estates team is made up fluent French speakers and French nationals who specialise in various aspects of French property law and the UK tax system.
We can assist with cross-border issues that may arise through the loss of a loved one.
At Furley Page, we guide you through the complexities of French property law, break down the language barriers for you and provide you with expert legal advice in plain English.
Our French property and estates services
Our French property and estates services include:
- Buying and selling a French property
- Rental of French property
- English and French wills, succession planning and French inheritance
- Estate administration and foreign assets
- Gifts of French property
- French property transfers on divorce
- French property related services
- UK tax considerations on selling a French property
- UK tax considerations in having a French property investment
- French and UK tax obligations when living in France
We can guide you through the process of buying and selling French property, liaising with the Estate Agent and Notaire (a public official who certifies legal documents) for you, and explaining in detail the legal documents you will need to sign.
We can advise you on your UK tax obligations in respect of French property. We can also help you review your will to make sure that it reflects your wishes regarding the distribution of your estate on death. We do not advise on French taxes.
We can help you review your will to make sure it reflects your wishes regarding the distribution of your estate on death. We will also advise you on estate planning and UK Inheritance Tax where applicable.
If you are a beneficiary of a French estate, we can work with a Notaire for you to finalise the estate administration, advising you on how succession law applies.
French property and estates services
- Buying and selling a French property >
- English and French wills and succession planning >
- Estate administration and foreign assets >
- Gifts of French property >
- French property transfers on divorce >
- French property related services >
- Tax obligations when living in France >
- UK tax considerations on selling a French property >
- UK tax considerations having a French property investment >
Deborah was wonderful. Calm, confident, knowledgeable, approachable. We were anxious, and totally unconfident with French law and the French language both spoken and written, and there was a deadline looming. Deborah explained everything and could tell it was very important for us to understand. We were both very pleased with the service.
Client of Deborah Vaysse - Jane Headford
Choose Furley Page for French property and estates advice
Our French property and estates team is made up of legal specialists; including French qualified and registered lawyers (Avocats), English solicitors and UK tax experts.
Our goal is to make the task you are undertaking easy. Our fluent and native French speakers can help you navigate the buying and selling French property within the French legal system.
For more information about our French property and estates services contact Sharon Wilson-Dutin or Deborah Vaysse.