If you are thinking about buying or selling a property in France you might be concerned about, how the process works, how you will overcome any language barriers and who will support you to act in your best interests.
Our French property, tax and estates team is made up fluent French speakers and French nationals who specialise in various aspects of French property law and the French tax system.
We can also assist with cross-border issues that may arise through the loss of a loved one.
At Furley Page, we guide you through the complexities of French property law, break down the language barriers for you and provide you with expert legal advice in plain English.
Our French property, tax and estates services
Our French property, tax and estates services include:
- Buying and selling a French property
- English and French wills and succession planning
- Estate administration and foreign assets
- Gifts of French property
- French property transfers on divorce
- Tax considerations on selling a French property
- Tax considerations in having a French property investment
- Tax obligations when living in France
We can guide you through the process of buying and selling French property, liaising with the Estate Agent and Notaire (a public official who certifies legal documents) for you, and explaining in detail the legal documents you will need to sign.
We can advise you on French tax law and your French and UK tax obligations in respect of French property. We can also help you review your will to make sure that it reflects your wishes regarding the distribution of your estate on death.
We can help you review your will to make sure it reflects your wishes regarding the distribution of your estate on death. We will also advise you estate planning and Inheritance Tax where applicable.
If you are a beneficiary of a French estate, we can work with a Notaire for you to finalise the estate administration, advising you on how succession law applies and what French inheritance tax you might have to pay.
French property, tax and estates services
- Buying and selling a French property >
- English and French wills and succession planning >
- Estate administration and foreign assets >
- Gifts of French property >
- French property transfers on divorce >
- French property related services >
- Tax obligations when living in France >
- Tax considerations on selling a French property >
- Tax considerations having a French property investment >
Very efficient services. The use of Zoom as a means of online platform was excellent. It was excellent to meet Sarah. We were kept up to date at all times by way of email.
Client of Sarah Bogard - Mrs G and Mr C
Choose Furley Page for French property, tax and estates advice
When you choose Furley Page, you benefit from a reliable, efficient and detailed service delivered by professional and friendly advisers. Our goal is to make the task you are undertaking as easy and stress-free as possible.
For more advice about our French property services, contact Sarah Bogard or Florence Richards.