Events following a bereavement can be overwhelming. If you have been appointed as a personal representative (executor or administrator) to wind up someone’s estate, you will be faced with some important responsibilities.
We can help take away some of the administrative burdens of probate and give you one less thing to worry about.
We offer a free one hour consultation to help you decide which of our Probate services is right for you.
Probate services to suit your needs
The role of an executor or personal representative can be a difficult one and leave you open to personal liability, but we can guide you through the probate maze and help you manage the risks involved.
We offer our clients three levels of service: Probate, Probate Select and Probate Premium.
Following our free one hour consultation about probate matters we will help you decide which level of service is right for your needs.
We will look at the nature and value of the assets and agree a fixed fee to obtain probate.
- You collate the financial information
- We complete and submit the relevant Inheritance Tax Return
- We prepare paperwork to obtain Probate and make an application to the Probate Registry on your behalf
- We hand matters back to you to complete the administration
Probate Select service allows you to choose from a list of tasks which of those you would like Furley Page to undertake on your behalf, and which tasks you wish to administer yourself.
We agree a plan to administer the estate from start to finish and provide a detailed estimate of costs once the package has been agreed.
Probate Premium is our complete service. It enables you to hand over all the work to us.
We will report to you throughout and ensure you fulfil your responsibilities. We will give you a detailed estimate of the costs at the outset and manage the entire process to make sure you free of risk and the estate is administered correctly.
Using our Probate Premium service, the tasks we will complete for you are:
- Meet with you to ascertain assets and liabilities of the estate
- Obtain valuations
- Prepare schedule of assets and liabilities
- Prepare HMRC Inheritance Tax Return
- Prepare legal Probate statement
- Apply for and obtain appropriate Probate Certificate
- Arrange to settle Inheritance Tax and negotiate tax clearance with HMRC
- Register the Probate Certificate
- Gather assets, arrange to pay liabilities
- Pay bequests
- Prepare and submit Income Tax Returns from the date of death
- Prepare estate accounts
- Arrange distributions to beneficiaries
- Transfer assets and advise about any continuing Trusts
Josh Williams was outstandingly helpful throughout. I really appreciated his prompt, direct replies – always clear and to the point.
Client of Joshua Williams - Mrs B of Canterbury
Choose Furley Page as your probate solicitors
Furley Page has an extensive history of helping families at difficult times and our specialist team is recommended by The Legal 500 for their expertise. Our technical skills are recognised the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners STEP. Our service is professional, friendly and value for money.
We offer a free one hour consultation to help you decide which probate service is right for you.
Covid-19 secure meetings
Face to face meetings in our offices are restricted during the Covid-19 pandemic. But we are happy to visit you in your own home, or at a hospice or hospital. Visits will be arranged in a Covid-19 secure way following Government guidelines .
Contact Aaron Spencer or Joshua Williams to find out how we can help you.
All work is supervised by a Partner. For information and guidance on fees for probate work carried out by Furley Page, Download our easy-to-use pdf