Garry Wootton is a Senior Legal Adviser in our Vulnerable client team based in Furley Page’s Whitstable office.
Garry Wootton joined Furley Page in June 2005 having worked in the banking industry for 26 years, many of those locally as a manager. Garry’s main area of practice is private client matters and Affairs of the older Person.
He has vast experience of advising and helping clients, especially more elderly, with their finances, and this will translate to the more specialised work involved with Social Services Rules and care fees.
Garry Wootton has lived in Whitstable all his life has local knowledge of the area. This has been of great benefit in his role of Clerk to three Whitstable charities. Garry is Clerk to:
- The Almshouse Charity of Wynn Ellis.
- The Whitstable Non-Ecclesiastical Charities. This is an amalgamation of various local Charitable Trusts, and was set up to help those in need in Whitstable and the local area. The Charity is a large concern with assets of over £5 million.
- The Fred Goldfinch Deceased Charitable Will Trust. This charity was set up to benefit organisations in Whitstable and Canterbury, and especially the local museums, including the Beaney and the Whitstable museum.
Garry, whilst remaining very professional, has an understanding of his client’s needs and enjoys working with them in a very friendly manner often forming long lasting relationships.
- Associate member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Associate member of CILEX