Ross Rowland is a Senior Associate in the personal injury team at Furley Page. Ross joined the team in 2002 and was admitted as a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2012. Since 2017 Ross has been recognised as a Senior Litigator of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Experience has given Ross exposure to all aspects of personal injury and clinical / medical negligence claims work from investigating liability and breach of duty, dealing with complicated causation and medico-legal issues, advising clients regarding their damages and negotiating costs.
Whether his client has suffered a temporary soft tissue or catastrophic, life altering injury, Ross is able to consider the appropriateness of obtaining early medical rehabilitation, as well as obtaining the opinion of the most appropriate medical experts.
Ross is aware that the stress caused to clients by financial loss following an accident or negligent medical treatment can be significant and his ability to advise clients at an early stage, whilst considering interim payments, can often prove to be invaluable.
Ross also appreciates that being injured can be extremely traumatic and for those seeking legal advice concerning a claim, it also can be an intimidating experience. Ross is known for his approachable manner and he is happy to discuss potential claims at a free, initial consultation.
- Ross acted for a client in relation to a personal injury claim arising from an accident at work resulting in the traumatic amputation of all of the fingers on his dominant right hand. The client continued to suffer ongoing mechanical and phantom pains, requiring chronic pain management, and now requires prosthetics for the rest of his life. The Claim settled at a Joint Settlement Meeting for just short of £1.5 million
- Ross acted for a client in relation to a clinical negligence claim arising from the Defendant hospital’s negligence treatment, leading to a fourth degree tear during childbirth. The Claim settled at a joint Settlement Meeting for £475,000
- Ross acted for a client in relation to a clinical negligence claim arising out of a negligent failure to perform a sentinel lymph node biopsy, leading to a delay in diagnosis of skin cancer. The client was left with reduced life expectancy but Ross was able to achieve settlement, within lifetime, for just short of £335,000
- Ross acted for a client in relation to a clinical negligence claim arising out of a negligently performed appendicectomy, resulting in the development of sepsis and the need for a temporary ileostomy. The claim settled, following a period of negotiation, for £172,500
- Ross acted for a client (a minor) in relation to a clinical negligence claim arising out of a negligent delay in diagnosing a slipped upper femoral epiphysis. As part of the Court’s settlement process, Ross managed to successfully convince the Court to depart from the usual cost consequences for acceptance of a formal / Part 36 offer beyond the expiration of the relevant period, resulting in a full recovery of his client’s costs from the Defendant.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Senior Litigator Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of Kent Law Society
Testimonials for Ross