Jamie Bourne is an Associate in the Furley Page Corporate team.
Jamie joined the Corporate and Commercial Team at Furley Page in July 2017. Prior to that, Jamie studied law at the University of Birmingham and completed his LPC at The College of Law in Bristol (now The University of Law).
Jamie acts for businesses as well as entrepreneurs, providing advice on a broad range of business issues including company acquisitions and disposals as well as restructures to allow for succession planning – passing the family business on to the next generation. In addition, Jamie advises clients on commercial contracts, terms and conditions and shareholder agreements.
Outside of the workplace Jamie is a keen golfer, playing at Canterbury Golf Club.
Examples of recent work
- Advising the sellers of a timber merchant
- Advising on a joint venture shareholders’ agreement in respect of a vertical farming start-up
- Advising on the reorganisation of an investment management business
- Advising an IT business on its data protection compliance
- Advising a charity on its take over of the assets, activities and undertaking of another charity
- Advising on a share buyback entered into to facilitate the majority shareholders’ exit from the business over a number of years