Neille Ryan has been Head of Personal Injury at Furley Page since 2016. Neille is a Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and he is accredited by Headway – The Brain Injury Association.
Neille has practised almost exclusively in Claimant personal injury law since he qualified as a solicitor in 1990.
Although working predominantly for Claimants, Neille has and continues to do work for Defendants. Acting for Claimants and Defendants has given Neille an understanding and appreciation of Defendants and their insurers which he is convinced benefits his Claimant and Defendant clients.
His portfolio includes:
- Brain injury accident claims
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fatal accident claims
- Psychiatric injuries
- Child injury claims
- Industrial disease including deafness and asbestos related illness
- Wide range of road traffic accident claims
- Accidents at work and public liability claims
His cases range in value from a few thousand pounds to multi-million pound catastrophic injury claims.
Notable personal injury cases
- Neille acted for the pedestrian infant victim in a road traffic accident who suffered devastating physical and psychological injuries. They will never be able to work, and require a lifetime of adapted accommodation, care and various therapies, special equipment and adapted transport. Damages are in excess of £11 million.
- Neille’s client suffered a life changing spinal cord injury in an accident at work. Although the client, one of the most determined and impressive people Neille has ever met has achieved amazing things despite the injuries, damages are in excess of £2 million.
- Neille’s pedestrian client was run down by a motorcar whilst crossing the road. The combination of brain and physical injuries has changed the client’s life forever leaving them requiring adapted accommodation, nursing care, specialist equipment and unable to work. Nevertheless the client is a well known character involved in their local community. Their damages are in excess of £2 million.
- Neille acted for the family of a client who passed away after a hospital missed a liposarcoma on a scan commissioned following symptoms. Damages were agreed at £300,000.
- Neille’s client, who suffered devastating physical and psychological injuries in a road traffic accident leaving him unable to return to any form of work and requiring single storey accommodation received £1.2 million despite the added complication of having to deal with a foreign driver, foreign vehicle and overseas insurers.
- The family, including infant children of a victim who passed away in a road traffic accident received almost £600,000 to compensate mainly for the loss of the victim’s contribution to the household’s finances.
- Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Accredited by Headway – the Brain Injury Association
- Member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Member of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS)
Testimonials for Neille Ryan