Environmental and planning controls in the rural context

Ensuring that your farm or other rural property (land and buildings) has the correct permitted planning use or that business and what you do upon it complies with any relevant environmental requirements, is absolutely essential.

Failure to do so risks enforcement action by the local authority or other agencies with potential fines, claims by your landlord or neighbours and loss of value as well as loss of business and wasted management time.

Planning uses and licensing requirements

Our expertise includes advising agricultural and rural landowners on the following areas:

  • Advising on planning uses and restrictions and how they affect your operations
  • Dealing with applications for certificates of lawful use or proposed use
  • The negotiation of planning agreements and undertakings as part of a planning application
  • Handling enforcement appeals and planning appeals against non-determination or refusals
  • Dealing with environmental prosecutions
  • Advising on licensing requirements
  • Advising upon nuisance claims whether for claimant or defendant

Why choose Furley Page for advice on environmental and planning controls

We are able to deal with both contentious and non-contentious matters. We have a hands-on, down to earth approach to your problems. When necessary we have extensive contacts with other planning professionals and specialist barristers.

How can we help you

Call us on

0333 331 9877

Email your enquiryEmail your enquiry

Key Contacts

Ethan Desai