Obtain a replacement copy of Decree Absolute

If you have lost your decree absolute, it can be an extremely stressful process for all involved. But far from being a terminal problem, obtaining a replacement copy if your decree absolute is simple and easy.

Applying for a new copy of your decree absolute

In the event that you lose your Decree Absolute and need to obtain a further copy in the future, the Principal Registry of the Family Division in London holds a central index of all Decree Absolute granted in England and Wales from 1858 to date.

You can contact them on +44 (0)20 7947 7017 or can email them with your details at PRFD.decreeabsolutesearches@HMcourts-service.gsi.gov.uk

How can we help you

Call us on

0333 331 9877

Email your enquiryEmail your enquiry

Key Contacts

Obtain a replacement copy of Decree Absolute Rayma Collins

Partner & Head of Family Law

Naomi Hayward

Senior Associate & Collaborative Lawyer