French property transfers on divorce

Going through a divorce or relationship breakdown is likely to be one of the most stressful times in your life. If there is a French property involved in the breakup of your marriage, the complexities of foreign law can add another level of stress.

If you and your partner or co-owner fail to agree upon who will get the property or whether it is going to be sold, you’re going to need the involvement of the court to resolve the matter, in which case it is important that a divorce consent order is drafted correctly to deal with the transfer of a French property.

A Notaire will need to be involved to draft the transfer deed and they will need information and documents from you to complete the work.

A French property transfer on divorce or relationship breakdown does not have to be complicated

  • We can guide you through the whole process of transferring the property, whether you are due to receive it or give it up.
  • We will liaise with the Notaire for you and arrange translations of documents such as the consent order on divorce.
  • We will consider the transfer deed and provide you with a report in English.
  • We can also advise on the capital gains tax implications for you if you are relinquishing your interest in the property.
  • We will liaise with your English lawyer as necessary.

Why choose Furley Page for French property transfers

We have experience of acting for many clients in relation to transferring French property following a divorce or relationship breakdown. We are used to working with other English lawyers to achieve the desired outcome. We have the legal and language knowledge to make the process as uncomplicated and problem-free as possible for you.

How can we help you

Call us on

0333 331 9877

Email your enquiryEmail your enquiry

Key Contacts

Sarah Bogard

Senior Solicitor & Chartered Tax Adviser

Florence Richards

French Property/Tax Adviser